Bentonite Extender Powder
GLO EXTENDER 2000
It is a special type high molecular weight polymer and is used in very small quantity to
increase the viscosity of API Bentonite suspension of very low concentration of bentonite in
the system.It is essentially used as a Viscosifier for the Drilling Mud Systems
With its two-fold yield is able to maintain a given viscosity with one-half the normal clay
solids. This is an excellent additive for low solid drilling fluids. It also tends to cause drilled
solids to form agglomerates and settle out. This further enhances its use as an additive in
weighted and unweighted non-dispersed drilling fluid systems.
COMMON NAME - BENTONITE EXTENDER or VISCOSIFIER
- It extends the yield of bentonite and is capable of doubling the yield of bentonite
- Penetration rates are improved by better solid control.
- Bit bearing life is extended by better solids control.
- Mixing time is reduced due to lower bentonite concentration necessary for requiredrheology.
- Less wall cake build up due to minimum amount of drilled solids.
- Reduces Fluid Loss and overall Drilling costs
|Bulk density||750-950 Kg/m3|
|Moisture content (% by weight)||< 10|
|Particle size||> 90 through BSS-40|
GLO EXTENDER 2000 is packed in 25kg or 50 Lbs (22.7 Kg) sacks. Private Labeling and customized
packaging is also available on request
Safety And Handling
GLO EXTENDER 2000 must be handled as a Industrial chemical, wearing protective equipment and
observing the precautions as mentioned in the MSDS.